CHN Community
Log In/Register

December 26, 2013 E-MAIL PRINT Bookmark and Share

Mingo Declared Ineligible

CHN Staff Report

Bowling Green sophomore Dajon Mingo has been ruled academically ineligible and will miss the rest of the season.

Mingo, 23, could potentially re-qualify and return to the team next season, or he may choose to transfer or go to the minor pros. If he returns to Bowling Green, he can practice with the team in the spring.

Mingo, who has played both forward and defense this season, had three goals and 11 points in 18 games this season. He was 8-14—22 in 41 games last year as strictly a forward.

Coach Chris Bergeron said he knew Mingo was high-risk academically when they brought him in, but wanted to give him a chance. He said the coaching staff remains supportive of him, if he wants their support.

Mingo sat out the 2011-12 season for academic reasons, before finally becoming eligible to play for the Falcons last year. He also missed this year's opening series against Union because of the same issue.

"He's a great kid and we figured this was an opportunity he was going to wrap his arms around," Bergeron told the Sentinel-Tribune about recruiting Mingo. "He has done that to this point, not yet."

 

Bookmark and Share E-MAIL PRINT

Comment on this Article

Send Feedback | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions

©2014 College Hockey News.