Atlantic Hockey Headlines
- Dec. 15 - Atlantic Hockey Tournament Remaining in Rochester Through 2019
The Atlantic Hockey Championship will remain at Rochester’s Blue Cross Arena through the 2018-19 season. The league has finalized terms ...
- Sep. 16 - Holy Cross Looking Into Hockey East Move
Holy Cross is making an attempt to join Hockey East and play its home games in the DCU Center, in nearby downtown Worcester, according to a report ...
- Sep. 7 - Atlantic Hockey Ups Scholarship Limit to 18
Atlantic Hockey has voted to increase its scholarship limit to 18, which is in line with the NCAA-wide maximum in ice hockey. The teams had been ...
- Aug. 9 - AIC Moves Home Games to Downtown Springfield
American International has entered into an agreement moving all home games to the MassMutual Center in downtown Springfield, the school announced ...
- Jul. 20 - Rules Committee Tables 4-on-4 OT Proposal, Coach's Challenge Approved
The NCAA Ice Hockey Rules Committee tabled its proposal for a change in NCAA ice hockey overtime format on Wednesday before the NCAA Playing ...
- Jul. 7 - Bentley Getting New On-Campus Arena
Bentley University has announced plans to build a new multipurpose opn-campus arena, which would give the school's hockey team a new home ...
- May. 23 - DeGregorio Signs 3-Year Extension With Atlantic Hockey
Atlantic Hockey has signed commissioner Bob DeGregorio to a three-year contract extension, keeping him on board through the 2018-19 season. "We ...
- Apr. 13 - AIC Officially Names Lang Head Coach
American International made official today the hiring of alumnus Eric Lang as its new head coach. Lang replaces Gary Wright, who resigned last ...
- Apr. 8 - Air Force's Dylewski Wins Hockey Humanitarian Award
For Hockey Humanitarian Award winner Chris Dylewski, community service was always a part of his life. With a grandfather and a father both involved ...
- Mar. 31 - Wright Steps Down as AIC Coach After 32 Years
American International's Gary Wright has resigned as head coach, after 32 years in the top spot. Only Michigan's Red Berenson has been ...
Recent Blog Entries
- 10 Aug - AIC’s Move to Downtown A Big Step
AIC announced today that it plans to play all of its hockey games at the MassMutual Center in downtown Springfield, Mass. That’s a big step for an AIC program that, until recently, looked like it was on life support. In just the past few months, AIC has hired former Army assistant coach Eric Lang, an […]
- 15 Jan - Hockey East Weekend Preview, 1/15/16
It’s hard to believe that the playoff push begins now, but with so many non-conference games over and done with, it’s the push run for Hockey East. Here is a look at this weekend’s series: Boston University vs. Boston College (home-and-home) — It’s the marquee matchup of the weekend, without question. We’re not sure if the […]
- 03 Jan - Ledyard Bank Classic: Day 1 Notes
Union and Dartmouth both picked up wins, over Merrimack and Robert Morris respectively on Saturday night. Because the Ledyard Bank Classic has predetermined matchups, the format is setup with a point system (2 points for a regulation/ot win, 1 point for a shootout win) with goal differential being the tiebreaker if one or more teams […]
- 17 Mar - PairWise Possibilities
With the conference tournaments approaching, I’ve been running a lot of scenarios through CHN’s PairWise calculator. It started with my interest in Minnesota’s chances (since I cover Big Ten hockey) but has expanded since then. According to the Pairwise Probability Matrix, there are about nine teams that are locked into the NCAA tournament, and two […]
- 13 Feb - Parity in Atlantic Hockey Alive and Well
Earlier this week, I joined Hockey on Campus‘ Bernie Corbett to discuss the playoff race in Atlantic Hockey, and it got me thinking … Parity is something most college hockey conferences love to brag about, but until recently, it never really existed. The front-runners were almost always the front-runners and the also-rans were almost always the also-rans, […]
- Jan. 12 - Reassembling Army
After a dreadful 2011-12 campaign, Army coach Brian Riley knew his team needed a new identity.
- Dec. 31 - Hot Marotte Backstops Robert Morris to Tourney Title
Growing up in Quebec, Francis Marotte had plenty of opportunities to play hockey. But teams only have a few spots on the roster for goaltenders. “I’ve ...
- Nov. 3 - Taking On the Challenge
Scheduling difficult and challenging games is nothing new for Holy Cross. The program, located about 40 miles west of Boston, is a prime location ...
- Oct. 20 - Making a Name
People don’t think about Bentley when they think about college hockey in Massachusetts. It’s Hockey East. The Beanpot. Jerry York. ...
- Oct. 20 - NCAA Focused On Re-Establishing Rules Emphasis
If you’ve been to a college hockey game in the first three weeks of the season, you’ve noticed the uptick in penalties called across ...
- Oct. 5 - Atlantic Hockey Watch List, 2016-17
The mantra is that Atlantic Hockey is a conference on the rise. We'll see if this plays out on the ice this season. 5 Things to Watch Conference ...
- Oct. 5 - 2016-17 Atlantic Hockey Preview Capsules
AIC Yellow Jackets Head Coach: Eric Lang 2015-16 Record: 7-29-3, 6-19-3 Atlantic Hockey Changes: A lot has changed for the Yellow Jackets ...
- Mar. 19 - Bracket ABCs: Final Projection
The field is known. Look and see where we have everyone going.