Big Ten Headlines
- Jan. 16 - Minnesota's Novak Suffers Season-Ending Injury
Minnesota coach Don Lucia said today that sophomore forward Tommy Novak will miss the remainder of the 2016-17 season with a lower-body injury. ...
- Jan. 15 - Roundup: Minnesota Wins 6th Straight; PSU Still No. 1
Minnesota got a hat trick from senior Vinni Lettieri to help earn a sweep of Michigan on the weekend. The Gophers have won six in a row and eight ...
- Sep. 30 - Big Ten Approves On-Campus Postseason Tournament
The Big Ten became the second of college hockey's six conferences to approve moving its postseason tournament fully back on campus. The move ...
- Sep. 27 - Big Ten Voters Like Minnesota
Three-time Big Ten Champion Minnesota was tabbed the favorite in the 2016-17 Big Ten hockey preseason coaches’ poll. The coaches also selected ...
- Jul. 20 - Rules Committee Tables 4-on-4 OT Proposal, Coach's Challenge Approved
The NCAA Ice Hockey Rules Committee tabled its proposal for a change in NCAA ice hockey overtime format on Wednesday before the NCAA Playing ...
- Mar. 30 - Anastos Staying at MSU; Michigan's Berenson Unsure
While Wisconsin makes a big splash with the changing of its coach, two other Big Ten teams are making news with their coaching positions, by ...
- Mar. 22 - Notre Dame Leaving Hockey East For Big Ten
Will take effect in 2017-18.
- Mar. 19 - Michigan's Downing Suspended for Big Ten Final
The Big Ten Conference has suspended Michigan junior defenseman Michael Downing under the conference’s supplemental discipline process ...
Recent Blog Entries
- 20 Jan - Weekend Preview: Big Ten: Jan. 20
All six teams are in action this weekend. It’s the first edition of this year’s border battle and an early rematch of Penn State-Ohio State. In the other series Michigan and Michigan State face off again for the first time since the Great Lakes Invitational. In the Pairwise there are three teams currently sitting inside […]
- 17 Jan - Three Things I Think: Big Ten, Jan. 16
The weekend of Big Ten/non-conference play featured two and a half sweeps. The only half sweep came in non-conference competition as Ohio State defeated and then tied Arizona State. It was not the best game for the Buckeyes, who did lose in the meaningless shootout. The Gophers swept Michigan while Penn State swept Michigan State.. […]
- 13 Jan - Weekend Preview: Big Ten Dec. 12
This weekend again there are two Big Ten series with Michigan State traveling to Penn State and the Gophers hosting the Wolverines. Wisconsin has a bye week while Ohio State will host Arizona State. Michigan State at Penn State: Jan. 13 at 7 p.,.; Jan. 14 at 7 p.m. The Spartans and Nittany Lions are on […]
- 09 Jan - Three Things I Think: Big Ten, Jan. 9
The second half of the season officially began and the four games this weekend were not very surprising. Wisconsin swept Michigan State while Penn State and Ohio State split. a bunch of NCAA players, including a few from the Big Ten, secured gold at the World Juniors on Thursday and then returned home – although […]
- 06 Jan - Weekend Preview: Big Ten, Jan. 6
Conference play, and the official second half of the season, starts this year. Wisconsin, Michigan State, Ohio State and Penn State are in action, while Michigan and Minnesota are off and will resume next weekend when they face each other. Currently Luke Kunin, Joe Cecconi, Ryan Lindgren and Tanner Laczynski all spent the last week-plus at […]
- Oct. 20 - NCAA Focused On Re-Establishing Rules Emphasis
If you’ve been to a college hockey game in the first three weeks of the season, you’ve noticed the uptick in penalties called across ...
- Oct. 4 - 2016-17 Big Ten Preview Capsules
Michigan Wolverines Head Coach: Red Berenson 2015-16 Record: 25-8-5, 12-5-3 Big Ten (2nd) Changes: The Wolverines lost many key players ...
- Oct. 4 - Big Ten Watch List, 2016-17
Five things to watch this season in the Big Ten. 5 Things to Watch Penn State’s Next Step The Nittany Lions finished last season ...
- Mar. 24 - Big Ten: 'It's A Win-Win'
The league believes its marriage with Notre Dame is great for both parties, and necessary.
- Mar. 22 - Commentary: Notre Dame Move Spins College Hockey's Wheels Again
What does it all mean?
- Mar. 20 - Offense Wins Championship for Michigan
Another game, another offensive showcase for the Michigan Wolverines. The Maize and Blue (24-7-5, 12-5-3-2 Big Ten) finished the seasons ...
- Mar. 19 - Bracket ABCs: Final Projection
The field is known. Look and see where we have everyone going.