- More Big Ten Pages
- Pairwise Info
- Tourney Watch
Big Ten Headlines
- Feb. 26 - Roundup: Kloos Clutch Again in Minnesota Win Over Wisconsin
It was just like old times this weekend, with Minnesota and Wisconsin battling for first place. And the games didn't disappoint. After Friday's ...
- Feb. 20 - Penn State's Kerr Out For Year
Penn State sophomore defenseman Kevin Kerr will miss the remainder of the season, coach Guy Gadowsky said, as reported by The Daily Collegian. Kerr ...
- Feb. 19 - Roundup: Minnesota Wins OT Thriller; Wisconsin Keeps Pace
Rem Pitlick, who had a hat trick Friday, redirected a shot with 1:33 left in overtime to give Minnesota a weekend sweep of Penn State, 4-3, on ...
- Feb. 13 - OSU's Healey Suspended 2 Games by Big Ten
The Big Ten has suspended Ohio State's Josh Healey for two games after reviewing an incident from Saturday's game, under the conference’s ...
- Feb. 12 - Roundup: Penn State Back on Track
Concerns that Penn State's early-season rise to the top of the ratings would not hold, have all but dissipated after a huge weekend sweep ...
- Feb. 5 - Roundup: Emotional Sweep for Wisconsin
Finishing off an emotional weekend with the passing of legendary former head coach Jeff Sauer, defenseman Jake Linhart ended the game 1:34 into ...
- Jan. 29 - Roundup: Wisconsin Wins at MSG to Sweep OSU
You could already call the first year under new head coach Tony Granato a success for Wisconsin. But with a win Saturday at Madison Square Garden ...
- Jan. 22 - Roundup: Wisconsin Thrills Crowd with Win Over Gophers
Shaking off the disappointment of losing Friday's game in overtime, Wisconsin knocked off its rival Minnesota on Friday, 5-3, in front of ...
- Jan. 16 - Minnesota's Novak Suffers Season-Ending Injury
Minnesota coach Don Lucia said today that sophomore forward Tommy Novak will miss the remainder of the 2016-17 season with a lower-body injury. ...
- Jan. 15 - Roundup: Minnesota Wins 6th Straight; PSU Still No. 1
Minnesota got a hat trick from senior Vinni Lettieri to help earn a sweep of Michigan on the weekend. The Gophers have won six in a row and eight ...
- Sep. 30 - Big Ten Approves On-Campus Postseason Tournament
The Big Ten became the second of college hockey's six conferences to approve moving its postseason tournament fully back on campus. The move ...
- Sep. 27 - Big Ten Voters Like Minnesota
Three-time Big Ten Champion Minnesota was tabbed the favorite in the 2016-17 Big Ten hockey preseason coaches’ poll. The coaches also selected ...
- Jul. 20 - Rules Committee Tables 4-on-4 OT Proposal, Coach's Challenge Approved
The NCAA Ice Hockey Rules Committee tabled its proposal for a change in NCAA ice hockey overtime format on Wednesday before the NCAA Playing ...
Recent Blog Entries
- 24 Feb - Weekend Preview: Big Ten, Feb. 24
This is the last weekend of play for most conferences, but the Big Ten has a couple more weeks left in its regular season. The border battle resumes, Penn State plays Michigan State and the Buckeye-Wolverine rivalry will resume. The series to keep an eye on is really Ohio State-Michigan. The Buckeyes are currently “in” […]
- 21 Feb - Three Things I Think: Big Ten, Feb. 21
All the usual suspects won out in the Big Ten. Minnesota swept Penn State, Wisconsin swept Michigan and Ohio State swept Michigan State. The Gophers and Nittany Lions played to a close, overtime thriller on Saturday and it may indicate that Penn State has a chance at winning the Big Ten tournament. Wisconsin beat Michigan […]
- 16 Feb - Weekend Preview: Big Ten, Feb. 16
The biggest matchup of the weekend is the second series between Minnesota and Penn State. The games will be played at Penn State, giving the Nittany Lions a chance to prove if they can be a dominant team in the Big Ten this year. The Badgers and Buckeyes should have an easy time this weekend, […]
- 13 Feb - Three Things I Think: Big Ten, Feb. 12
Another wild weekend produced another wild series of Pairwise flips. Penn State swept Wisconsin, Michigan State tied and beat Michigan and Minnesota and Ohio State split. Penn State has moved back up to sixth in the Pairwise. Minnesota is fifth, Ohio State 15th and Wisconsin 21. The Gophers have the sole lead in the conference […]
- 10 Feb - Weekend Preview: Big Ten, Feb. 9
This weekend features two interesting series. The Badgers and Nittany Lions will face off as will the Gophers and Buckeyes. Those games will all have major Pairwise and Big Ten standing implications. The Michigan-Michigan State will also be interesting, but neither team has a chance at a top-two seed in the conference or the NCAA […]
- Feb. 24 - Living the Dream
Michigan freshman Jake Slaker took a winding path to the spotlight
- Feb. 22 - Team of the Week: Minnesota
When the creation of the Big Ten Hockey Conference in 2013 coincided with some down years by recent powerhouses, it brought with it squeals of ...
- Jan. 26 - Frey 'The Guy' Again
Christian Frey has had an interesting career. When he was just a freshman he was engulfed in Ohio State’s goaltending fiasco, which featured ...
- Jan. 26 - Lettieri Emerging as Leader For Minnesota
Minnesota's seven-game win streak was halted Saturday against Wisconsin, but the Gophers' resurgence is still going strong. And one player ...
- Oct. 20 - NCAA Focused On Re-Establishing Rules Emphasis
If you’ve been to a college hockey game in the first three weeks of the season, you’ve noticed the uptick in penalties called across ...
- Oct. 4 - 2016-17 Big Ten Preview Capsules
Michigan Wolverines Head Coach: Red Berenson 2015-16 Record: 25-8-5, 12-5-3 Big Ten (2nd) Changes: The Wolverines lost many key players ...
- Oct. 4 - Big Ten Watch List, 2016-17
Five things to watch this season in the Big Ten. 5 Things to Watch Penn State’s Next Step The Nittany Lions finished last season ...