|6||St. Cloud State||19||6-9-1||16||42-48|
- Jan. 22 - UMD Sweeps at North Dakota; Denver Rebounds
Minnesota-Duluth's rise to No. 1 in the Pairwise this weekend was certainly well earned. The Bulldogs went into Grand Forks and swept North ...
- Jan. 15 - Roundup: Top Teams All Bounce Back in NCHC
After a night in which all of the top teams in the NCHC got knocked off, Saturday night was one of revenge. The biggest turnaround came in Kalamazoo ...
- Jan. 14 - Terry Out Indefinitely
Denver sophomore Troy Terry is out indefinitely, the school said today, after suffering an injury in Friday night's game against Western ...
- Dec. 12 - Gambrell Suspended 1 Game
The NCHC has issued a one-game suspension to Denver sophomore forward Dylan Gambrell. Gambrell will sit the team's next game, Friday, Dec. ...
- Aug. 23 - Arizona State Outlines NCHC Entrance Fee Plans
Arizona State plans to pay its $500,000 entry fee to the NCHC over a five-year period, if it's accepted to join the conference, the school ...
- Jul. 26 - Denver's Moore Signs With Toronto
The Toronto Maple Leafs have signed Denver forward Trevor Moore to a three-year entry level contract. Moore, 21, was an undrafted free agent. ...
- Jul. 20 - Rules Committee Tables 4-on-4 OT Proposal, Coach's Challenge Approved
The NCAA Ice Hockey Rules Committee tabled its proposal for a change in NCAA ice hockey overtime format on Wednesday before the NCAA Playing ...
- Jul. 13 - Minnesota State Applies for NCHC Membership
Minnesota State has formally applied to join the NCHC, the school said today. The decision came after an initiative started by school president ...
- Apr. 29 - Arizona State Finalizing Deal to Join NCHC
Arizona State is completing a deal with the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (NCHC) to join as a member, beginning as early as 2017-18 but ...
- Apr. 13 - Gabinet Returns to UNO as Assistant Coach
Nebraska-Omaha has added former Maverick Mike Gabinet to its coaching staff today, joining head coach Dean Blais. “Mike is an outstanding ...
- Apr. 7 - Schmaltz's Late Goal Lifts North Dakota Past Denver In Semifinals
All it took was 3.2 seconds. In a 2-2 game, Denver iced the puck with exactly one minute remaining in the third period. Coming out of a timeout ...
- Mar. 30 - Sandelin Gets Contract Extension Through 2021
Minnesota-Duluth coach Scott Sandelin has agreed to a four-year contract extension with the school that will keep him behind the Bulldog bench ...
Recent Blog Entries
- 09 Jan - NCHC: In Case You Need More Troy Terry
The Denver Pioneers welcomed back forward Troy Terry on Saturday, just 48 hours after his shootout goal against Canada propelled Team USA to a memorable gold medal win at the World Junior Championships. You can ready all about the homecoming — and his now famous ‘5-hole’ shootout strategy — here. But another layer to Terry’s […]
- 10 Dec - Denver ‘Relentless’ Last Night vs. No. 1 UMD
Last night’s showdown in Denver between the DU Pioneers and Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs was the obvious highlight of the night’s college hockey schedule, and it certainly lived up to expectations. It was a wild showdown between the top team in the Pairwise Rankings (UMD) and No. 3 Denver, but more importantly, a showdown between two teams […]
- 24 Nov - More on North Dakota (CHN Team of the Week)
Four of the first seven CHN ‘Teams of the Week’ this season have been NCHC squads (first Denver, then St. Cloud State, then Minnesota-Duluth, and now North Dakota). You can read the full story about North Dakota’s back-to-back shutouts of St. Cloud State here. I spoke to UND goaltender Cam Johnson on Tuesday evening. Johnson returned […]
- 02 Nov - More on Minnesota-Duluth (CHN Team of the Week)
First Denver, then St. Cloud State, and now Minnesota-Duluth — the third consecutive NCHC team to be named CHN Team of the Week (check out the full story here). UMD was dominant on special teams, scoring three power play goals and two shorthanded goals during the weekend sweep of the defending national champions, North Dakota. In […]
- 26 Oct - NCHC: More on St. Cloud State (CHN Team of the Week)
As you can see on the front page, St. Cloud State is CHN’s Team of the Week. I had the opportunity to speak with sophomore Mikey Eyssimont yesterday about the Huskies’ weekend sweep of Minnesota — featuring back-to-back dramatic comebacks. Eyssimont, an LA Kings draft pick, played a big role in each win. Friday, he […]
- Jan. 11 - Team of the Week: Miami
Miami, with an incoming class of 14 freshmen, may have entered the 2016-17 season with plenty of question marks, but now, the RedHawks are beginning ...
- Dec. 28 - Time For Impact
Shane Gersich relishes his new role at the forefront of North Dakota's offense.
- Oct. 20 - NCAA Focused On Re-Establishing Rules Emphasis
If you’ve been to a college hockey game in the first three weeks of the season, you’ve noticed the uptick in penalties called across ...
- Oct. 6 - 2016-17 NCHC Preview Capsules
After a pair of NCHC teams -- North Dakota and Denver -- reached the NCAA Frozen Four last season, expectations remain sky-high for a league ...
- Oct. 6 - NCHC Watch List, 2016-17
In case you haven’t heard, North Dakota and Denver are the on-paper preseason favorites in the heavyweight division that the NCHC has become. ...
- Sep. 6 - Q&A With NCHC Commissioner Josh Fenton
We spoke to NCHC commissioner Josh Fenton about the league's recent decision to deny new membership to two applicants, Arizona State and ...
- Apr. 8 - A Puncher's Chance
A faceoff got Denver back in the game, then another one cost it the game.
- Apr. 8 - The Perfect Kill
Denver's power play went 0-for-season against North Dakota.