|4||St. Cloud State||28||9-10-1||20||53-54|
- Feb. 19 - Roundup: Western Michigan Sweeps UND
Western Michigan was outshot 46-19 but held off North Dakota on Saturday for a 3-2 and the completion of a weekend series sweep at Lawson Ice ...
- Feb. 12 - Roundup: St. Cloud, Denver, UNO Earn Big NCHC Wins
St. Cloud State swept Miami this weekend, capping it with a 3-1 win Saturday. The wins were big for a number of reasons. First off, it moved ...
- Feb. 5 - Roundup: North Dakota Wins In OT With Unlikely Hero
North Dakota picked up a much-needed win at Engelstad Arena on Saturday, 2-1 over St. Cloud State in overtime, earning a split of the weekend ...
- Jan. 29 - Roundup: Big Nights in Net for CC's Leclerc and Miami's Larkin Earn Upset Wins
Freshman Alex Leclerc made a career-high 45 saves to lead Colorado College past defending national champion North Dakota, 3-0, Saturday night ...
- Jan. 22 - UMD Sweeps at North Dakota; Denver Rebounds
Minnesota-Duluth's rise to No. 1 in the Pairwise this weekend was certainly well earned. The Bulldogs went into Grand Forks and swept North ...
- Jan. 15 - Roundup: Top Teams All Bounce Back in NCHC
After a night in which all of the top teams in the NCHC got knocked off, Saturday night was one of revenge. The biggest turnaround came in Kalamazoo ...
- Jan. 14 - Terry Out Indefinitely
Denver sophomore Troy Terry is out indefinitely, the school said today, after suffering an injury in Friday night's game against Western ...
- Dec. 12 - Gambrell Suspended 1 Game
The NCHC has issued a one-game suspension to Denver sophomore forward Dylan Gambrell. Gambrell will sit the team's next game, Friday, Dec. ...
- Aug. 23 - Arizona State Outlines NCHC Entrance Fee Plans
Arizona State plans to pay its $500,000 entry fee to the NCHC over a five-year period, if it's accepted to join the conference, the school ...
- Jul. 26 - Denver's Moore Signs With Toronto
The Toronto Maple Leafs have signed Denver forward Trevor Moore to a three-year entry level contract. Moore, 21, was an undrafted free agent. ...
- Jul. 20 - Rules Committee Tables 4-on-4 OT Proposal, Coach's Challenge Approved
The NCAA Ice Hockey Rules Committee tabled its proposal for a change in NCAA ice hockey overtime format on Wednesday before the NCAA Playing ...
Recent Blog Entries
- 27 Jan - NCHC: More on WMU goaltender Ben Blacker
Western Michigan freshman Ben Blacker has emerged as the starter for Andy Murray’s Broncos, following a recent run that seemed to start with an early December win at North Dakota. In that game, Blacker made 21 saves in the third period alone, and aside from an anomalous outing at Denver in mid-January, he’s been stellar for […]
- 09 Jan - NCHC: In Case You Need More Troy Terry
The Denver Pioneers welcomed back forward Troy Terry on Saturday, just 48 hours after his shootout goal against Canada propelled Team USA to a memorable gold medal win at the World Junior Championships. You can ready all about the homecoming — and his now famous ‘5-hole’ shootout strategy — here. But another layer to Terry’s […]
- 10 Dec - Denver ‘Relentless’ Last Night vs. No. 1 UMD
Last night’s showdown in Denver between the DU Pioneers and Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs was the obvious highlight of the night’s college hockey schedule, and it certainly lived up to expectations. It was a wild showdown between the top team in the Pairwise Rankings (UMD) and No. 3 Denver, but more importantly, a showdown between two teams […]
- 24 Nov - More on North Dakota (CHN Team of the Week)
Four of the first seven CHN ‘Teams of the Week’ this season have been NCHC squads (first Denver, then St. Cloud State, then Minnesota-Duluth, and now North Dakota). You can read the full story about North Dakota’s back-to-back shutouts of St. Cloud State here. I spoke to UND goaltender Cam Johnson on Tuesday evening. Johnson returned […]
- 02 Nov - More on Minnesota-Duluth (CHN Team of the Week)
First Denver, then St. Cloud State, and now Minnesota-Duluth — the third consecutive NCHC team to be named CHN Team of the Week (check out the full story here). UMD was dominant on special teams, scoring three power play goals and two shorthanded goals during the weekend sweep of the defending national champions, North Dakota. In […]
- Feb. 23 - Learning Curve
Young St. Cloud defense holds key to team's stretch run.
- Feb. 2 - It's Duluth, Denver and Everyone Else
There's no major shame in losing a regular-season game to a last-place team. It'll happen. Perfect seasons are essentially impossible ...
- Jan. 26 - Warm Spell
Freshman Ben Blacker has emerged as the Broncos' top goaltender, another in a nationwide trend.
- Jan. 11 - Team of the Week: Miami
Miami, with an incoming class of 14 freshmen, may have entered the 2016-17 season with plenty of question marks, but now, the RedHawks are beginning ...
- Dec. 28 - Time For Impact
Shane Gersich relishes his new role at the forefront of North Dakota's offense.
- Oct. 20 - NCAA Focused On Re-Establishing Rules Emphasis
If you’ve been to a college hockey game in the first three weeks of the season, you’ve noticed the uptick in penalties called across ...
- Oct. 6 - 2016-17 NCHC Preview Capsules
After a pair of NCHC teams -- North Dakota and Denver -- reached the NCAA Frozen Four last season, expectations remain sky-high for a league ...
- Oct. 6 - NCHC Watch List, 2016-17
In case you haven’t heard, North Dakota and Denver are the on-paper preseason favorites in the heavyweight division that the NCHC has become. ...
- Sep. 6 - Q&A With NCHC Commissioner Josh Fenton
We spoke to NCHC commissioner Josh Fenton about the league's recent decision to deny new membership to two applicants, Arizona State and ...