- More WCHA Pages
- Pairwise Info
- Tourney Watch
- Feb. 19 - Roundup: Western Michigan Sweeps UND
Western Michigan was outshot 46-19 but held off North Dakota on Saturday for a 3-2 and the completion of a weekend series sweep at Lawson Ice ...
- Feb. 12 - Tolvanen Earns 5th Straight Shutout; Closes In On Coveted Record
Northern Michigan sophomore goaltender Atte Tolvanen is on the verge of history after posting two more shutouts this weekend. Tolvanen has now ...
- Jan. 15 - Roundup: Minnesota Wins 6th Straight; PSU Still No. 1
Minnesota got a hat trick from senior Vinni Lettieri to help earn a sweep of Michigan on the weekend. The Gophers have won six in a row and eight ...
- Sep. 21 - Bowling Green Picked 1st in WCHA Polls
Bowling Green took the top spot in the WCHA's coaches and media preseason polls. The Falcons are followed by reigning MacNaughton Cup co-champions ...
- Aug. 23 - WCHA Adds 3-on-3 OT, Shootout
The WCHA, following suit with some other leagues, is adding a 3-on-3 overtime period and shootout to games, starting this season. The 3-on-3 ...
- Aug. 18 - Budget Crisis Puts Alaska Hockey Programs In Jeopardy
With the state facing large budget deficits, the future of both of Alaska's NCAA hockey-playing programs is in doubt, following a report ...
- Jul. 20 - Rules Committee Tables 4-on-4 OT Proposal, Coach's Challenge Approved
The NCAA Ice Hockey Rules Committee tabled its proposal for a change in NCAA ice hockey overtime format on Wednesday before the NCAA Playing ...
- Jul. 13 - Minnesota State Applies for NCHC Membership
Minnesota State has formally applied to join the NCHC, the school said today. The decision came after an initiative started by school president ...
- May. 17 - WCHA Moves Entire Postseason On Campus
The WCHA has moved all of its postseason games to campus sites, it was announced today, starting with the 2016-17 season. The new arrangement ...
- Mar. 25 - WCHA Ref Mousseau Succumbs to Head Injuries
WCHA referee Oliver "Butch" Mousseau died today at Mercy Health St. Mary’s Hospital in Grand Rapids, Mich., from injuries incurred ...
Recent Blog Entries
- 10 Oct - Icebreaker Game Notes: UND Settles to Defeat LSSU, 5-2
Portland, Maine - It seemed as though, Lake Superior State was going to put up the upset of the the early season. The Lakers scored two early goals, off of snipes in the slot by J.T Henke and Mitch Hults. It also had an early goal that was disallowed because it was hit in by […]
- 17 Mar - PairWise Possibilities
With the conference tournaments approaching, I’ve been running a lot of scenarios through CHN’s PairWise calculator. It started with my interest in Minnesota’s chances (since I cover Big Ten hockey) but has expanded since then. According to the Pairwise Probability Matrix, there are about nine teams that are locked into the NCAA tournament, and two […]
- 06 Mar - WCHA Weekend Preview, March 6-7
Here we go again. For the second-straight season, the WCHA is coming down to the final weekend. All five league series have major postseason implications and all ten teams are playing for something, whether it be in conference or nationally. The MacNaughton Cup (Minnesota State vs. Michigan Tech), the final home ice position (Bemidji State […]
- 27 Feb - WCHA Weekend Preview, Feb. 27-28
The race for the MacNaughton Cup takes center stage this weekend as No. 3 Michigan Tech visits No. 2 Minnesota State. The Huskies come into this weekend just one point behind the Mavericks for the league lead. While the eyes of the nation will rightfully be focused on that series, all five WCHA match-ups have […]
- 13 Feb - WCHA Weekend Preview, Feb. 13-14
The WCHA has a full slate of league play this weekend, with five conference series on the docket as the races for playoff positioning head toward the stretch run. Minnesota State and Michigan Tech have already clinched home ice for the playoffs and Bowling Green can join them this weekend. The fourth spot it up […]
- Feb. 15 - Best Laid Plans
Bowling Green, and its top goaltender, are still trying to find their footing entering the final weeks.
- Feb. 8 - Team of the Week: Northern Michigan
Wildcats' recent win streak has them back in the playoff picture in the WCHA.
- Jan. 27 - Redmond Alert
Tech freshman becomes yet another rookie netminder to key a team’s turnaround.
- Dec. 31 - Ferris' Kapelmaster on Growing List of Standout Freshmen Goalies
With just four seconds left in overtime in Pittsburgh, Boston College’s David Cotton tried shooting the puck from the slot. Instead he ...
- Oct. 20 - NCAA Focused On Re-Establishing Rules Emphasis
If you’ve been to a college hockey game in the first three weeks of the season, you’ve noticed the uptick in penalties called across ...
- Oct. 6 - Bowling Green Battling High Expectations
Falcons picked first in WCHA preseason poll, still have plenty to prove.
- Oct. 6 - 2016-17 WCHA Preview Capsules
The WCHA had three teams finish within two points of the regular season title last year before Ferris State shocked them all and won the conference ...
- Oct. 5 - WCHA Watch List, 2016-17
College hockey’s landscape is shifting in many ways, and the WCHA arguably could be affected the most. Rule changes, programs facing uncertain ...
- Mar. 19 - Bracket ABCs: Final Projection
The field is known. Look and see where we have everyone going.