- More Hockey East Pages
- Pairwise Info
- Tourney Watch
February 17, 2018
February 16, 2018
February 15, 2018
February 14, 2018
February 12, 2018
February 10, 2018
February 9, 2018
February 22, 2018
Massachusetts vs. Connecticut
February 23, 2018
Maine vs. Boston College
UNH vs. Northeastern
Mass.-Lowell vs. Merrimack
Vermont vs. Boston Univ.
February 24, 2018
Vermont vs. Boston Univ.
Providence vs. Massachusetts
Merrimack vs. Mass.-Lowell
Northeastern vs. UNH
Maine vs. Boston College
Hockey East Headlines
- Jan. 21 - BC's Kevin Lohan Out Indefinitely After Assault at Boston Restaurant
Boston College defenseman Kevin Lohan, a graduate transfer from Michigan, is out indefinitely after being victimized by an unprovoked assault...
- Jan. 6 - Roundup: Bazin Picks Up 200th Win at Lowell
Late Thursday, news broke of a three-year contract extension for Vermont coach Kevin Sneddon. The news came as a bit of a shock to UVM fans ...
- Nov. 5 - Roundup: Northeastern Stomps BU
Nolan Stevens scored three goals and goaltenders Ryan Ruck and Cayden Primeau combined for 33 saves as Northeastern went into Agganis Arena ...
- Oct. 29 - Roundup: Spartans Pound LSSU; UMD Sweeps
The Danton Cole era hasn't yet brought a slew of high-quality opponents through East Lansing just yet. It's certainly brought a few ...
- Oct. 16 - Roundup: BC's 4-Goal Rally Stuns PC
Hockey game's aren't divided into halves. Sometimes, it just seems that way...
- Oct. 15 - Roundup: Minnesota State Sweeps BU
Minnesota State has a clear path to the NCAA tournament in winning the WCHA tournament. However, the Mavericks appear to have more than just...
- Oct. 7 - Roundup: Late Goals Cost Quinnipiac, UND, Lowell
When people think Boston College hockey, they think of names like Gaudreau and Eaves. Gerbe and Gionta. Prolific goal-scorers and playmakers...
- Sep. 18 - Madigan Signs Extension Through 2020-21
Northeastern coach Jim Madigan has reached a contract extension with the university that takes him through the 2020-21 season...
- Apr. 7 - Denver Rolls Past Notre Dame In National Semifinal
Seemingly destined to play in the national championship game all season, Denver will face Minnesota-Duluth on Saturday night after defeating...
Recent Blog Entries
- 16 Feb - Random Hockey East Thoughts (2/16)
— The two Beanpot losses for Boston College looks really costly, at least right now. The Eagles fell to No. 21 in the Pairwise after Monday’s loss to Harvard in the tournament’s consolation game. Playing with the Pairwise results, if the Eagles beat Northeastern in the opening round and then beat Harvard in the finals […]
- 12 Jan - Comparing penalty numbers in college hockey with the NHL
Special teams has become a major focus for teams across college hockey, with more game time spent on special teams than every before, it seems. Across the country, the WCHA has the most power plays per game this season, with 9.2. The disparity between top and bottom is somewhat large, with the Big Ten averaging […]
- 29 Nov - Friendship Four in Belfast is Quite the Experience
I was skeptical of the Friendship Four tournament in Belfast, Northern Ireland a few years ago when it was introduced to the college hockey landscape, and honestly many coaches and programs didn’t want to subject their teams to the travel, either. But three years have passed and over the weekend I quickly learned why Hockey […]
- 03 Nov - HEA’s Struggles Keeping The Puck Out Could Severely Hurt Its Pairwise Chances
There’s no sugarcoating it, Hockey East’s inter-conference record stinks. The league is 19-27-4 (.420) in non-conference games, and that includes a 4-1-1 record against Atlantic Hockey. If you pull those games out, the league is 15-26-3. Will that hurt the league later this season in the Pairwise? Potentially. There’s still time to make up ground, […]
- 25 Oct - Hockey East Weekend Takeaways: Oct. 24
— Call me crazy, but I’m still not 100 percent sold on UNH. Sure, the Wildcats are improved over a year ago, but anyone who follows analytics will look at UNH’s 106 PDO and say to themselves, “something’s got to give.” The Wildcats have Vermont this weekend, a team that is struggling to get going, […]
- Jan. 31 - Turning a Corner
After its first sweep of the season, Vermont hopes it can leave its first-half struggles behind.
- Jan. 26 - Dialed In
BU looks to be back on track after a weekend sweep of Merrimack
- Jan. 2 - Red-Hot Maine Gears Up For Big Road Trip
Confidence building as Black Bears pick up steam.
- Nov. 28 - Vermont's Struggling Offense Looking For Bright Spots
Vermont needed something to bounce its way...
- Nov. 21 - Northeastern Putting Together the Pieces For Another Run
Two years from HEA tournament title, Huskies could be favorites for another.
- Nov. 17 - Three to Won
Merrimack made the long bus ride to Amherst on Oct. 27 to play an upstart Massachusetts team, and about halfway through the game, the Warriors...
- Nov. 9 - Unfamiliar Territory
Boston College hoping things have turned around after early struggles.
- Oct. 13 - The Goals Will Come for NU, But Will the Saves?
The first six to eight weeks of a college hockey questions tend to pose as many questions as they answer...
- Oct. 3 - Hockey East Team Preview Capsules
- Oct. 3 - Hockey East Things to Watch, 2017-18
From teams up on the upswing to programs typically at the top potentially suffering some growing pains with new faces, there are plenty of storylines...
- Apr. 13 - USHL Forward of the Year
Last summer proved to be very beneficial for Dubuque Fighting Saints center Zach Solow...